Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Anticipated Books of January 2022

It’s almost the end of the year, crazy!  I’ve already brought you my overall most anticipated books of 2022, but now I will return to my regularly scheduled programming of each month bringing you my most anticipated reads of the following month  - so I can include even more books!

Usually my anticipated reads are a mix of books that I have ARCs of and those that I have to wait until publication, but this month I’m lucky enough that I have Netgalley ARCs of all of them.  However, I made a decision to save all of my 2022 books until 2022 to try to catch up a little on my backlist, so I haven’t read any yet!  The books are listed below in order of US publication date. 


The Maid by Nita Prose (1/4/22) - All the early reviews from my trusted reader friends which I have seen about this one have been glowing.  It sounds like a light mystery with a neurodivergent main character - a hotel maid who finds a dead body and starts investigating herself because the police suspect her.  Plus it's rumored to be the January GMA book club pick.

When You Get the Chance by Emma Lord (1/4/22) - I haven’t read Emma Lord’s other books yet, but her newest YA book sounds adorable, about an aspiring Broadway actress who goes on a search to find out which of the women from her single dad’s past is her mother - kind of a gender-reversed Mama Mia.

The Magnolia Palace by Fiona Davis (1/25/22) - I’m a Fiona Davis super-fan, and have read all five of her previous books.  Her books always revolve around a significant building in NYC, and her latest is set in 1919 at the Frick Mansion, and the 1960s when it has become the Frick museum.

The Accomplice by Lisa Lutz (1/25/22) - I really enjoyed both Lisa Lutz’s Spellman Files comedic mystery series and her darker stand alone books.  This sounds like another good one, about long time best friends Luna and Owen who people have always wondered why they never became a couple - then Luna finds Owen’s wife murdered.  

Light Years From Home by Mike Chen (1/25/22) - I have read all three of Mike Chen’s previous books, which each have explored different science fiction concepts but in the real world - respectively time-travel, post-pandemic dystopian, and super-heroes.  His latest is about sisters whose father and brother disappeared years before - their father turned up soon after claiming he’d been abducted by aliens - and now it’s 15 years later and their brother has re-appeared, talking about intergalactic war.

The Appeal by Janice Hallett (1/25/22) - This mystery, already out in the UK, and the publishers blurb says both “for fans of Ruth Ware and Lisa Jewell” AND “for fans of Richard Osman and Lucy Foley” so caught my attention right there as I love all those authors!  And even more intriguing, it’s a murder mystery apparently written in the form of e-mails, documents, and investigative notes.  I love a good unconventional format so looking forward to diving in. 


Are any of these on your to read list?  Any other books coming out in January that you’re excited for?


No comments:

Post a Comment