Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Anticipated Books of June 2022

Time to get those library holds and pre-orders in as I’m here with a look at my most anticipated books of June 2022!  I have a lot of these from Netgalley, but I’ve been so distracted by the exciting releases of May and book club books that I haven’t gotten to any of them yet!  Hopefully I will read them soon.

Here they are by pub date:

Tracy Flick Can’t Win by Tom Perrotta (6/7/22) - I'm excited for this sequel to 1998’s Election in which student Tracy Flick from that first book (played in the movie version by a not yet famous Reese Witherspoon) is now the assistant principal of a high school.  Do you think they'll make a sequel movie with Reese again?

Nora Goes Off Script by Annabel Monaghan (6/7/22) - This sounds like a fun rom com about a divorced screenwriter and the Hollywood actor starting in her movie.  This has great early reviews from some of my trusted reader friends!

It All Comes Down to This by Therese Anne Fowler (6/7/22) - Fowler’s book A Good Neighborhood was one of my top 10 of 2020 so I’m excited for her new book, a novel about adult sisters who must decide what to do with the family’s Maine cottage when their mom dies.

Flying Solo by Linda Holmes (6/14/22) - Holmes’ debut novel Evvie Drake Starts Over was one of my top 10 of 2019.  Her new book is about a woman who returns to her small Maine hometown after her great-aunt dies and leaves her estate to her. 

The Beach Trap by Ali Brady (6/14/22) - The authors describe this one as a "reverse Parent Trap" It's about childhood camp best friends who become estranged when they find out they’re half sisters - then 15 years later they find out their dad has left them the family beach house and they have to come together to renovate it. 

Island Time by Georgia Clark (6/14/22) - I enjoyed her book from last year, It Had To Be You, and this sounds cute too - about an American family and Australian family who get stuck while on vacation on a remote tropical island. 

How to Fake It in Hollywood by Ava Wilder (6/14/22) - Sounds like a fun rom com about a Hollywood actress and producer who start fake dating.  Another one with great early reviews.

The Catch by Alison Fairbrother (6/21/22) - This debut novel sounds interesting - about a young woman whose father dies unexpectedly, but leaves his prized possession to someone no one in the family knows. 

A Shoe Story by Jane L Rosen (6/28/22) - I love Jane L. Rosen’s two previous book and she is so sweet on bookstagram as well.  But she’s published by Berkley so of course I was rejected for this one on Netgalley. šŸ˜­ Looking forward to reading this one about a young woman dog- and apartment-sitting in NYC. 

Elsewhere by Alexis Schaitkin (6/28/22) -  The publisher’s description for this one is rather mysterious, sounds like a speculative fiction book a la Margaret Atwood? The publisher gave this one to my book club so I need to read it pronto for our discussion this week! Seems like the other members of my book club who have finished already are liking it.

So, apparently the themes for June are romantic comedies and books about dead relatives' bequests - what a mixture! šŸ˜‚

Are any of these on your to-read list?  Any other books publishing in June 2022 that you're excited for?


No comments:

Post a Comment