Thursday, January 26, 2023

Anticipated Books of February 2023

The approaching end of the month means it’s time for me to look ahead to my most anticipated books publishing in February of 2023.  I’m kind of relieved it’s a short list, I have so many ARCs for March and the following few months so maybe I can get ahead a bit.  I have early copies of a few of these but haven’t gotten to them yet.  Others I’ll have to wait for the publication date to get from the library.



Here they are by US publication date, with descriptions summarized from the publishers’ blurbs:

Someone Else’s Shoes by Jojo Moyes (2/7) - I've read most of Jojo Moyes' books, both her contemporary women's fiction and her historical fiction, and I generally love her books. Her latest is contemporary women’s fiction about two women whose lives end up changing when they accidentally swap gym bags.


The Friendship Breakup by Annie Cathryn (2/7) - This debut novel sounds cute - a mom com about a woman who tries to figure out what happened after he best friend ghosts her


Pod by Laline Paul (2/7) - This novel is written from the perspective of dolphin and whale characters. I love books written all or in part from animal perspectives so this sounds very intriguing. I previously read her book The Bees which was written from, you guessed it, the perspective of bees! It was super weird but also super interesting and different.


Looking for Jane by Heather Marshall (2/7) - This debut novel is semi-historical fiction about an illegal underground abortion network in 1970 with a present day story line set in 2017. And sadly this topic is probably even more relevant today than it would have been in 2017.


The Writing Retreat by Julia Bartz (2/21) - Another debut novel, this thriller is about a writing retreat where creepy things start happening.


The Crane Husband by Kelly Barnhill (2/28) - A magical realism/folktale retelling novella about a teenage whose mother brings home a crane to live with them. Kelly Barnhill's book When Women Were Dragons was a 5 star book for me and one of my top ten books of 2022 so looking forward to reading something else by her!


Go As a River by Shelley Read (2/28) - I am hearing nothing but RAVES for this historical fiction book set in 1940s Colorado. In fact, I published a version of today's post on my bookstagram account this morning (if you're not following me there, check out my account ) but I didn't include this book because I had it down as publishing on March 7. But after I posted, I heard that Go As a River had had its publication date changed to February 28th, so I added it here! And if you didn't already know, when a book's publication date gets moved up like that, it's often a hint that the book might just get chosen by a celebrity book club or be included in Book of the Month, so keep your eyes peeled!


***


Are any of these on your to-read list?  Have you read any of these already?  Any other books publishing in February that you're excited for?


No comments:

Post a Comment