Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Anticipated Books of October 2021

Hard to believe September is almost over!  It has been a busy month for me personally and October looks to be just as busy!  Anyway, since October is drawing near, here are the books I’m most looking forward to which are being published in October 2021 - US pub dates indicated in parentheses.  I’m actually thankful that the list of books I’m excited for is shorter this month, because I still have a lot of other books to catch up on!  I haven’t read any of them yet, though I do have ARCs of a few so hopefully will soon!  

We Are Not Like Them by Christine Pride and Jo Piazza (10/5/21) - This novel is told from alternating perspectives ( I assume one by each author), about a lifelong friendship between a white woman and a black woman which is tested by a tragic event.  I loved Jo Piazza’s Charlotte Walsh Likes to Win and this book is getting rapturous early reviews, so I can’t wait to read it.


The Party Crasher by Sophie Kinsella (10/12/21) - While I couldn’t get in to her Shopaholic series, I’ve read and enjoyed all of Kinsella’s stand-alone books.  Her latest is about a woman whose family home is being sold following her parents’ divorce, and returns home only to uncover various family secrets. 


Well Matched by Jen DeLuca (10/19/21) - I really enjoyed the previous two books in this series, Well Met and Well Played, each of which followed a different couple falling for each other at successive summers at a Renaissance Faire in a small town. So I wouldn’t miss this third book in the series.


Bad Girls Never Say Die by Jennifer Mathieu (10/19/21) - I loved Jennifer Mathieu’s debut, the feminist young adult novel Moxie, so can’t wait to check out her second book.  This one is set in the 1960s and is described by the publisher as “a gender-flipped reimagining of The Outsiders.”  Sounds intriguing, and all the more so since I re-read The Outsiders last year when my son read it for school.


The Wicked Widow by Beatriz Williams (10/26/21) - I would call myself a Beatriz Williams super-fan - her books are must-reads for me and I’ve read all but her very first book which I plan to get to soon.  So let’s face it, I’d read this one regardless of what it was about.  As it happens, it’s the third book in her Wicked City series, continuing the adventures of 1920s flapper Gin Kelly and 1990s Ella.


Are any of these on your to read list?  Any other books coming out in October that you’re excited for?


No comments:

Post a Comment