Thursday, October 28, 2021

Anticipated books of November 2021

Hard to believe October is almost over already!  Here are the books being published in November that I’m most excited for. For my November reading, I’m planning to do both a No Buy November and a Netgalley November so luckily there aren’t too many and I have Netgalley ARCs of four of the six so I can read them this month within the challenge! (That is, I'm going to spend November reading books I already own, and primarily all books I got from Netgalley but haven't gotten around to reading yet).


Gilded by Marissa Meyer (11/2/21) - I loved Marissa Meyer’s YA fantasy/sci fi series The Lunar Chronicles.  Although this book is not a part of that series, it sounds like she is returning to the world of fairytale retelling with this spin on the Rumplestiltskin story.


Heard It In a Love Song by Tracy Garvis Graves (11/2/21) - I loved Tracey Garvis Graves' book The Girl He Used to Know.  Looking forward to checking this one out, about two divorced people who meet at the school where one teaches and the other’s daughter attends. Plus look at that gorgeous cover!


Five Tuesdays in Winter by Lily King (11/9/21) - I was impressed by the writing in Lily King’s novel Writers & Lovers, so I’m looking forward to checking out this short story collection.


These Silent Woods by Kimi Cunningham Grant (11/16/21) - I have seen the most rapturous reviews from a number of my trusted reader friends of this suspense novel about a man raising his daughter isolated in the Appalachian woods.  My Netgalley request was denied, but this is definitely still on my to read list!


The Sisters Sweet by Elizabeth Weiss (11/30/21) - This debut historical novel is about sisters who posed as conjoined twins in a vaudeville act, but when one leaves for Hollywood, her sister must learn to forge her own path.  Sounds interesting and different.  Although that show was about actual conjoined twins, it is making me think of the Broadway musical Sideshow - anyone else see that one besides me?


Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult (11/30/21) - I have at least one friend who hated this one, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for a book where Covid is a big plot. But Jodi Picoult has written some of my favorite books in addition to some books I didn’t care for as much, so I want to read and judge this one for myself. 🤷🏻‍♀️


Are any of these on your to read list?  Any other books coming out in November that you’re excited for?


And if you're interested in doing the No Buy November challenge yourself and are on instagram, follow me @electric_bookaloo and use the hashtag #readspinrepeatbookclubNBN for your posts, because my virtual book club and I will be doing some fun games and giveaways throughout November.


No comments:

Post a Comment