Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Anticipated Books of January 2023

A few weeks ago, I brought you my most anticipated books of 2023, and now I’m back to my monthly anticipated book posts where I can tell you about even more books I’m excited for.  So today I’m sharing my most anticipated books of January 2023.  And even this isn't the full list of books coming out in January that I'm likely to read at some point, just the ones I'm most looking forward to reading. Although I have early copies of some of them, I haven’t started reading 2023 books yet, so I have my work cut out for me - but in an exciting way! 


Here they are by US pub date - note that some of these are out already in the UK and/or Australia:

Small World by Laura Zigman (1/10/23) - I really enjoyed Laura Zigman’s last book Separation Anxiety, and this one sounds good too.  According to the publisher’s description, it’s about two newly divorced sisters who move in together, and have to reckon with their relationship with each other as well. Early reviews are great. 

Spare by Prince Harry (1/10/23) - Why are so many Americans fascinated by the British 

Royal family?  I don’t know, but I’m one of them. And I know there are some people who are anti-Prince Harry for leaving the UK and stepping down from his royal duties, but I can’t wait to hear what he has to say in his memoir!


Everyone In My Family Has Killed Someone by Benjamin Stevenson (1/17/23) - Already out in the UK/Australia, this one is coming to the US in January.  And it sounds like just the kind of funny British mystery I love.


The Twyford Code by Janice Hallett (1/24/23) - I loved Hallet’s intriguing and unique debut mystery novel The Appeal, and am excited to read her next book, out already in the UK for a long time but just now coming to the US. This one is about a man trying to figure out if the novels of a fictional famous author contain a secret code - and whether that also explains what happened to his childhood teacher who wondered the same thing.


Exiles by Jane Harper (1/31/23) - Out already in Australia but not in the US - I’m looking forward to the latest literary mystery from brilliant writer Jane Harper, one of my favorite mystery writers.  It’s her third book featuring detective Aaron Falk.  In this book, it’s been one year since a woman disappeared from a music festival, leaving her baby lying there in his stroller.  When Falk comes to visit someone who knew her, he finds himself caught up in investigating.


Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun by Elle Cosimano (1/31/23) - I love this goofy hijinks-filled comic thriller series about an author mistaken for a con woman, and looking forward to reading this third book in the series!


Children of Memory by Adrian Tchaikovsky (1/31/23) - This is the third in a terrific science fiction series set in the far future with humanity traveling in space, and on planets where non-human life have been uplifted into intelligent life.  I gather that this book introduces yet another colony with new characters, but with some familiar old characters from the first two books making an appearance as well.


Maame by Jessica George (1/31/23) - I’ve seen the most glowing reviews for this debut novel, about a woman who lives in London but whose family is originally from Ghana.  Sounds like it is about a late-bloomer trying to figure out who she is and how to deal with a lot of issues.


***


Are any of these on your to-read list?  Any other books publishing in January that you're excited for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment