Thursday, September 29, 2022

Anticipated Books of October 2022

 The end of the month is almost upon us, so it’s time to reveal my most anticipated books publishing in October 2022. I’m sure you will immediately notice that this is the shortest list I’ve ever put together.  😂 Well, there are plenty of other books coming out in October, but what can I say, none of them have grabbed me enough to make it onto my list.  I’m kind of relieved to have a shorter list though, my backlog is already so long!

I haven’t read any of these yet despite the brevity of the list, but looking forward to checking them out.

Here they are by US pub date:

Mad Honey by Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylan (10/4/22) - Jodi Picoult’s older books are my favorites, but a new book by her always lands on my most anticipated list. And indeed, this one, co-written with Jennifer Finney Boylan,  sounds like a flashback to some of her earlier books, as it’s a return to themes like teenage relationships gone wrong, how far parents will go to protect their kids, and a courtroom mystery.  And I'm hearing good things from those who have already this one!

Our Missing Hearts by Celeste Ng (10/4/22) - This novel is apparently set in a not too far future dystopian/authoritarian America replete with censorship and separating kids from their families.  My only concern with this one is that early reviews say it’s VERY heavy and depressing.  However, I enjoyed her first two books so will plan to check this one out when I’m in the right headspace for a bleak book.

Wherever the Wind Takes Us by Kelly Harms (10/18/22) - I’ve read and loved all of Kelly Harms’ books and might just be her biggest fan, so I will read any book she writes regardless of the description.  Luckily this one also sounds good.  It’s about a woman whose divorce settlement leaves her with a sailboat which she takes on a mother-daughter trip to sell the boat - and with a handsome sailing coach too. 

The Family Game by Catherine Steadman (10/18/22) - I liked Steadman’s book Something in the Water and loved her book The Disappearing Act, so looking forward to checking out her latest thriller.  The description of this one sounds confusing so I’ll just leave you with the publisher’s blurb:  “A rich, eccentric family.  A time-honored tradition. Or a lethal game of survival?”

***

Are any of these on your to-read list?  Any other books publishing in October 2022 that you're excited for?  I’m sure you have some of your own because my list is so short! 😂


No comments:

Post a Comment