Friday, October 28, 2022

Anticipated Books of November 2022

As the end of the month approaches, it's time to look ahead to the books publishing in November that I’m most excited for.  So if you too like to look ahead with me, it’s time to get your library holds and pre-orders ready! I haven’t read any of these yet, but I'm looking forward to checking them out.

Here they are by US publication date:

The Rewind by Allison Winn Scotch (11/1) - Allison Winn Scotch has long been one of my favorite writers of contemporary women’s fiction and a must read author for me. whose books have appeared on my top ten of the year lists multiple times, most recently in 2020 with Cleo McDougal Regrets Nothing.  I was happy for her when I heard her new book was being published by Berkley - but sad for me because I knew that meant I wouldn’t be able to get an early copy since Berkley is so stingy with their ARCs!  So, I have to wait until publication date for this one, but I’ve requested it at all my libraries so hopefully I’ll get it quickly!  According to the official blurb, it’s about two college sweetheart exes who see each other for the first time in ten years - then wake up the next morning with wedding rings on, and no memory of what happened!  Plus it’s set in 1999 which sounds like it should make for a fun nostalgic flashback.

Seasparrow by Kristin Cashore (11/1) - I love Kristin Cashore’s Graceling series, a fantasy series that definitely does not get talked about as much as it should.  The fourth book in the series, Winterkeep, was maybe my favorite so far, so I'm looking forward to reading this one which sounds like it picks up right where that one left off.  Now I just need to go refresh my memory of what happened in Winterkeep!

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing by Matthew Perry (11/1) - Could I BE any more eager to read this memoir?  In case you have no awareness of pop culture, Matthew Perry played Chandler on Friends, and publicly struggled with a drug problem during and after the show.  No early review copies of this one are out there, but it’s been excerpted in a few places, and it sounds good and sure to get a TON of attention. Lucky me, I’m first in line for the audiobook at my library, since I have a new passion for listening to celebrity memoirs in audiobook form.

Kiss Her Once For Me by Alison Cochrun (11/1) - I loved Alison Cochrun’s book from last year, The Charm Offensive, which was one of my top romances of 2021 and just missed making the cut for my top ten of the year.  This sounds like another fun LGBTQ rom com, about a woman who agrees to enter into a fake engagement with her landlord - only to find out that his sister is the mysterious woman she fell for one night the year before.

Cursed by Marissa Meyer (11/8) - I loved the first book in this duology, Gilded, a YA fantasy inspired by Rumpelstiltskin and other folklore type of stories, so I’m looking forward to seeing how the story wraps up.

Scattered Showers by Rainbow Rowell (11/8) - I’m a huge fan of Rainbow Rowell’s books - the adult and the YA, the fantasy and the realistic - and I’m also a big fan of short story collections.  So I’m excited to read her first ever short story collection!

A Quiet Life by Ethan Joella (11/29) - Joella’s first book, A Little Hope, was a wonderful, emotional, 4.5 star read for me, and is already a strong contender for my top ten of the year this year - and I hear from early readers that his new book might be even better!  Per the publisher, “Set in a close-knit Pennsylvania suburb in the grip of winter, A Quiet Life follows three people grappling with loss and finding a tender wisdom in their grief.”  If the writing, characters, and emotions are even half as good as A Little Hope, I know I’ll love it!

Five Survive by Holly Jackson (11/29) - I loved Holly Jackson’s Good Girl’s Guide to Murder trilogy - in fact, I seem to be the odd woman out who even liked the third book in the series which a lot of people didn’t care for.  So I’m interested to see what she does with this new stand-alone thriller.  According to the publisher, it’s about a group of friends on a road trip in an RV who discover that a sniper is out to get them because of a secret one of them possesses.

***

Are any of these on your to-read list?  Any other books publishing in November 2022 that you're excited for?


No comments:

Post a Comment