Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Anticipated Books of December 2022

The end of the month really snuck up on me!  So, it's time to look ahead to the books publishing in December that I’m most excited for.  I’m happy it’s a short list so I can also use December to catch up on books I missed this year and backlist books I meant to get to. And stay tuned for my list of my most anticipated books of 2023, coming soon!

I haven’t read any of these yet, but looking forward to checking them out.

Here they are by US pub date:

The Key to My Heart by Lia Louis (12/6/22) - I loved Lia Louis’s books Dear Emmie Blue and Eight Perfect Hours - love how she manages to make her books so much more than fluffy romances, with lots of depth and emotion.  And sounds like this one will be another emotional one - about a young widow who begins finding pieces of sheet music her husband loved.

Well Traveled by Jen DeLuca (12/6/22) - I have really enjoyed Jen DeLuca’s previously three books set in the world of Renaissance Faires, with each book focusing on a different couple - this time Dex gets the spotlight.

The Light Pirate by Lily Brooks-Dalton (12/6/22) - This one was put on my radar by seeing lots of raves from early readers for this realistic dystopian set in a near future where Florida is slipping away due to rising sea levels and storms. It’s also a BOTM pick, and some people think it may just be a celebrity book club pick too.

The Lipstick Bureau by Michelle Gable (12/27/22) - I love Michelle Gable’s historical fiction and have read all her previous books, so I’m eager to read this one too!  This one is a WWII novel, inspired by a real life female spy, about a woman recruited to start a branch of an American spy agency in Rome.

***

Are any of these on your to-read list?  Any other books publishing in December 2022 that you're excited for?


No comments:

Post a Comment